Saturday, November 19, 2011

White Race


Recently I was just watching TV when I stumbled across the most bizarre string of advertisement that made me realize just how completely retarded we are as a society and how companies find it very easy to exploit that. Just to clarify here I’m not talking about only Pakistan over here but my focus would be the subcontinent in general.

The string of ads that I saw were all relating to beauty products particularly skin whitening products. Now every one knows that the girls over here are totally obsessed with skin whitening (while the whites are obsessed with tanning). However recently this obsession is starting to become ludicrous to the point of becoming pathetic.

The first ad that I saw was of a cream that would give you a fairer glow in just two weeks. It depicted a pretty girl and how in just two weeks she turned in a character from “the house of wax”(and we all know how crappy that movie was). Interestingly most of these creams contain Hydroquinone or Mercury which can result in premature aging. Well the human canvas now has anti aging for that

Next I saw an ad in which the girl in question wanted fast results. So the manufactures decided to add more bleach and behold ‘get fairer skin in just seven days’. And surely the girl was now casper and the cream indirectly gave her a nose job as well.
Well there is another product that says that you can get fairer skin instantly which last for 12 hours. Well so does the white polish I used to apply on my tennis shoes in school.

Now that we have thoroughly mutilated the human face why not do it to the rest of the body! What a wonderful idea. Just take a bottle of body whitening lotion (which looks like the accumulated spit of 12 people) and cover yourself with it then wear a full sleeves shirt and burqa and you’re good to go. The consumers fail to notice that the lady in the ad is wearing a sleeveless and back less dress which causes her skin to darken due to exposure to sunlight. Yeah I fail to see how that caught on especially when we hardly venture in direct sunlight when the sun is that bright.

 Now this is the part that makes me the saddest. Fairness for men. I mean c’mon man it sounds like an oxymoron. I mean have we men completely lost all testosterone. John Abraham didn’t get that look by putting cream on; he got it by lifting weights. Next thing you know we have “body whitening lotion for men” and then “silk boxers” with a slogan “unleash the woman in you.” Call me a sexist. But this is one sexist who will not meet his wife in a beauty parlor. ‘Yeah she was sitting there having her nails done and I had just gotten my face massaged with apricot cream, and then our eyes met.’

Well top of the list is something which people don’t give a hoot about but you have to make it white. Why? Because now you can with ‘deodorant for fairer underarms’ seriously? I think I speak for all guys here when I say that’s probably the last place someone will look for beauty. And honestly it looks like how your whole face would be when you are 40.

In other news some paint manufactures have expressed their desire to enter new markets the cosmetic industry for example.


Blog Submission Blog Sites
Promote Blog
Blog Community & Blog Directory

Blogs Blog Gadgets Alessandra

4 comments:

  1. I would like to thank faysal who told me to post this and proofread it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of blogging, my prodigal son :) Keep the posts coming. Here's to hoping you overthrow that teeth maestro dude some day. And that those jerks at the express tribune come begging to us on their knees :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally agree with u there! a nice read :)

    ReplyDelete